Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2 weeks down...!

...settling in to new spot here on Locust Point. Going to post pictures when I get a chance.

Mom has been here cleaning, decorating and organizing like I'm here for a fellowship! It feels very "homey" and is a comfortable place to rest/work/chill. My new-found, very benevolent and sweet Baltimore "family" adopted me and insisted that I make myself comfortable in their otherwise empty rowhouse.

I had my 10th treatment yesterday. I am having 40 total. It takes about 5 minutes to do a CT scan on my pelvis, they make adjustments according to the baseline CT and computer models, roll me back into the machine and radiate the "field" for 305 seconds. They have a Bose docking station in the treatment room and I make a new playlist each day, blasting tunes to drown the machine noise and just to help me relax.

Again, I feel so fortunate to be treating at this top notch facility! Though I don't feel or look sick, and have tremendous faith in my doctors and team, including God, the captain of the team, I am in a place where I encounter a lot of seriously ill people. I count my blessings that I have health insurance, resources to be here and a great support network enabling me! Thank you to all of you who are praying and sending me encouragement, good vibes and positive karma!

Hope to have more up on here when Mom quits runnning me around town! But I would be doing the same for any of my kids(or other family and loved ones, I know,...probably'd be worse!

Feel free to email me at dougfields@ymail.com. Be well, have peace and give love....D-

No comments: